Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter at our house is quite entertaining! I am sure everyone or at least some have an Easter egg hunt. A few years ago as the kids were getting a little older and the idea of the Easter egg hunt was starting to fade, the Easter Bunny instituted a new game of hunting. The kid's eggs still have candy in them, but most of the eggs have a note with "one dollar" printed on it. In the beginning some of the eggs had bigger values in them, but the Easter Bunny got way poor.

This year the Easter Bunny hid about 300 eggs. Now, never in all the years of Easter egg hunting have we ever found all the eggs. Usually Tom finds them while doing the yard work. This year Baylie found a couple and came in to redeem them! Yes, of course, Nana gave her the $2.00!

Janson is teaching Baylie about the great skill of Easter egg finding!
Tanner is usually the best finder, and this year he did not disappoint.
Todd has learned in the years he has been in family how to find the eggs as well!
Briena and Cayden on their search for that elusive egg!


Tara, her first time at the Easter egg hunt, learned very quickly! She and Janson were counting up their booty!


TJ handing over his slips for real money.

Todd and Kamri with their cash in hand.

Tanner, still counting! He took in double of what everyone else claimed!

Andrew and Briena counting up their earnings.

Bye Bye



4 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow! I want to come and hunt for eggs at your house. :) I think I would take the slips of paper over the candy.

DJ said...

That sounds like so much fun! You are such a good mom and grandma.

Sara said...

My in-laws annual hunt is with eggs with real money in them. I like the paper idea to redeem later, because we always loose a few too. I'll have to pass that idea along.

Merinda said...

cute cute cute, and what a great idea. I think maybe we are going to institute that into our easter eggs next year.